Children love to retire to play in secluded places, which can be located in various corners of the summer cottage. Adults do not always like the shelter chosen by the child. At the same time, some parents simply shout at their children, while others offer to build a hut, but already where it will be appropriate and safe. The construction of a temporary shelter will certainly interest young summer residents. Children, having fun, will get the first experience in building a hut, which will definitely come in handy in their adult life. The choice of the hut design depends on the availability of materials and the time for its construction. There are many options for the construction of a hut, ranging from the classical methods used by man since ancient times, and ending with original ideas inspired by people by the objects and plants around them.
How to choose the right place?
A person, being in the wild, very carefully chooses a place to build a temporary shelter. It is forbidden to build a hut near mountain rivers, in lowlands, in open glades near single standing trees, under rocky slopes, etc.
At the dacha, of course, choosing a place is much easier. Usually, the structure is placed near fences, trees or dense plantings to protect the inhabitants of the hut from drafts. It is desirable that children can easily get to their hiding place without going deep into the garden. A caring parental heart will tell you where it is best to make a hut for your beloved baby.
Hut options for middle-aged children
All huts can be divided into three groups:
- freestanding structures (gable, shed, wigwams);
- attached type shelters (single-slope, wigwams);
- huts-dugouts, settling in the deepening.
If you were building a temporary shelter in the forest, then your choice of design would be determined by the type of terrain, weather conditions, and the season. At the dacha, the family usually spends time in the summer, so for the construction of a simple shelter it is better to choose free-standing structures or attached ones.
Tents-dugouts are liked to build by teenagers who have a rest in the villages with their grandparents. The location of the dugout hut in the vicinity of the village is kept secret by children, but vigilant adults should always know where and what their wards are doing, but do not show it to them explicitly. For a summer residence, the option of a dugout hut is not very suitable.
A forest hut, built by experienced travelers, will allow you to spend the night and wait out the bad weather. Simpler hut designs are suitable for giving.
Option # 1 - gable hut
To erect the frame of the hut building, you will need two spears and a pole. The dimensions of the hut will depend on the size of these elements. Horns are driven vertically into the ground until they are stable. This will happen when a third of their length is in the ground. Then a pole is laid on them, if necessary, the joints of the elements are additionally fixed with ropes or wire.
If no suitable spears were found, then they are replaced with two thick poles driven into the ground at a slope so that their tops intersect at the desired height from the surface. The intersection is fixed with the help of improvised means (wire or rope).
The scheme of the frame of a gable hut gives a clear understanding of its structure. The joints of the frame elements should be strengthened with strong ropes.
Next, you need to pick up several poles (thick branches of trees), which will serve as a support for laying natural roofing material (spruce paws, branches with leaves, ferns, reeds, hay or straw). The exact number of side rails (rafters) depends on the step of their installation. You can generally put them right next to each other on a slope so that they form the sloping walls of the hut. In this case, you will not need to cover additional walls with something else.
Usually the side rails are placed at a distance of 20 cm from each other. If desired, the frame is reinforced with transverse branches, which are attached to the side rails. Then, spruce branches or other improvised material is laid on the resulting crate, and work begins from the very bottom. In this case, each subsequent row will partially cover the previous one, which ultimately will provide reliable protection of the inner space of the hut from rainwater. The rear wall of the hut is constructed in the same way, leaving only the entrance to the shelter open.
The main structural elements of a gable hut. Instead of one of the spears, a tree growing in a summer cottage can be used
In the wild, a fire is made in front of the entrance and, using the installation of a heat shield, heat is directed from the live fire towards the hut. At the dacha, this is not necessary, since the hut is usually used in the daytime. A resting place with a fireplace is set up by adults in the country for completely different purposes.
Option # 2 - a lean-to hut
The construction of a lean-to hut is faster, because the amount of work is reduced and significantly. Also, from two spears and a long pole, a supporting frame of the structure is installed. Then, all the steps described above are performed for the construction of the wall of the hut. If you want to speed up the construction process, then replace the spruce branches with a tarp or any water-repellent fabric. From above, the covering material is fixed to the frame structure with ropes, and from below the canvas is pressed with a log or stone.
Schematic device of a lean-to hut from improvised means. Strong wood is also used as one of the supports.
Option # 3 - wigwam hut
A hut, reminiscent of an Indian wigwam, is very simple to build. Draw a circle out of the blue, the area of which is enough for the children to play. Then, along the edge of the circle, dig in a row of poles, the tops of which are connected at the top in the form of a bundle and securely fasten the connection with tape, rope or wire. At this point, the process of constructing the frame is considered complete.
The frame of a wigwam hut in the country, erected in the spring so that the plants can grow and twine around its support posts made of thick branches
All that remains is to make a shelter out of something. There are two ways to go here.
- Plant climbing plants near each support branch. Ornamental beans are perfect for this purpose, in which the delicate green of the leaves is combined with red and white inflorescences. In order for the hut to take on a beautiful and finished look as quickly as possible, take care of growing seedlings of the selected plant in advance. If you plant perennials, then next year you will not have to think about forming the walls of the hut. This path is very long.
- You can speed up the construction of a wigwam hut by using brightly colored fabrics as a covering material. If there is no such colorful fabric, then take any plain canvas and paint it with waterproof paints with your child. For a wigwam hut, a canvas is cut out in the form of a semicircle, the radius of which is equal to the length of the lateral support poles. In the center and along the rounded edge of the canvas, strings are sewn, which are attached directly to the poles or to the pegs stuck into the ground.
It is very inconvenient to cover a frame made of branches with a fabric cloth, therefore it is recommended to construct a frame structure from rigid PVC pipes.
A tent made of bright fabric is a quick solution for those who do not have enough natural materials
Option # 3 - sunflower wigwam
This hut will grow in front of the child's eyes. In this version of the hut device, sunflowers act as supports for the frame, which are planted in the spring along a circle drawn on the ground, leaving a place for entering the future shelter. The space inside the resulting circle is left free. The tops of the grown plants are neatly tied with a wide rope so that it does not cut the stems of the sunflowers.
In this case, you don't even have to think about the covering material, because sunflower leaves do a good job with this role. The floor in the hut is lined with materials at hand. It is better to purchase a touring mat for this purpose in a sporting goods store, which does not get wet and does not let the cold from the ground.
Option # 4 - an attached hut
When traveling, attached single-slope huts are installed near trees or rocky ledges that serve as a support for branches. In a summer cottage, such huts can also be erected near trees. A fence or a wall of one of the summer cottages can serve as a reliable support for an attached hut. The advantages of this design are small savings in building materials and speed of work.
Pre-fabricated huts for small children
It will take a few minutes to install a baby tent made of fabric, if all the materials are prepared in advance. For such a shelter you will need:
- a two-meter wide canvas of dense fabric with a length of four meters;
- two vertical supports spaced two meters apart;
- strong rope (minimum length 2.5 m);
- hooks pegs for stretching the canvas.
The rope is pulled horizontally between two supports, securely fixing it. Then a fabric cloth is thrown over the stretched rope, aligning the ends on both sides. After that, the edges of the panel are attached to the ground with hooks or pegs. To do this, metal rings or loops from a strong braid are sewn to the fabric.
An original hut for children in the country is arranged on sunny days to protect playing children from the scorching rays. Easily stows away when needed
And here's another option - a small hut for a little girl can be made from a hoop and fabric. The gymnastic hoop is covered with a cloth and the resulting structure is suspended from a tree growing in a summer cottage with a strong rope. Pockets are sewn onto the fabric walls of the hut, into which the child can put his favorite toys and various little things.
If there is no hoop or the child's mother uses it for its intended purpose, then the circle can be built from a piece of polyethylene pipe.
Such a mini-hut will always be popular with girls who love to play in their houses, especially in such bright and cheerful ones.
And finally, the easiest option for a village is to knock the frame out of the planks and throw straw over it. You will get a cozy nest not only for children, but also for adults, if they want to add a little romance to their relationship.
A romantic hut made of straw, which is filled with a frame made of wooden slats. In such a shelter, it is cool during the day and warm in the evening.
From the presented designs, you can choose the version of a hut that is suitable for you for building with your own hands. Turn on your imagination and try to build an unusual hut in your country house, in which children will play with great pleasure.
Rate the article:
(28 votes, average: 4.1 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
General principles of construction
Regardless of the installation location, appearance and variation of a self-made hut for children, several principles should be adhered to during its creation. The design must be as reliable as possible. When installed in a country house, the hut must remain stable even with strong gusts of wind.
A hut for children must be stable and reliable
Manufacturing materials should be made safe. If these are some kind of perches or sticks, then they need to be aligned so that the child cannot get any splinters. By analogy with this, all resources for the hut should be made safe for children, this is very important.
Before installation, carefully process the component parts of the hut
When designing a hut, the main attention should be paid to its safety. The design of the product must be as reliable and stable as possible. And the various elements of the hut should not cause any harm to small children. Contact with wooden parts without splinters and so on.
Make sure that the children's hut is stable
Instructions for making wigwams
Now let's talk about how to make a wigwam. I will offer 3 options and tell you in detail and step by step how to make houses for crumbs. Which one will you do? The choice is yours. It is only worth considering:
- age of the toddler,
- its capabilities,
- how long will it be interesting for him to play in his hut,
- how much free space do you have,
- what "building" materials are available to you.
Our option. A hut in 10 minutes without sewing and patterns.
How you can design a house for crumbs in a few minutes, we showed my son in the video:
Option two... Wigwam without sewing from patches
Any old clothes, scraps of fabric will do. It looks bright, cheerful, but it is done very simply and interestingly.
Option three. "Triangular tent". Frame construction
- Wooden slats - 4 pieces, each size 2.5 x 4 x 150 cm
- Rod dowel (round slats) - 3 pieces measuring 1.5 x 100 cm
- Fabric - 4.5 m
- Colored tape.
- We make 2 holes in each wooden lath. One top, it is done 10 cm from one edge, the other bottom - 3 cm from the other edge of the rail. The diameter of the hole should be 1.5 cm for the round rail to pass through.
- We insert one round rod into the upper holes of all 4 rails. We will pass the second rod through the lower holes of the 2 rails. With the third rod, we connect the 2 remaining slats at the bottom.
- Sew "pockets" for round sticks from both ends of the fabric so that they can be inserted there. We put in the rods, we pull the fabric over the frame. To secure the rods and they do not slip out of the holes, we simply wrap the tape from the outer edges several times.
- It remains to put the pillows on the bottom, and the hut is ready!
Option four... "Indian's House". Stable construction
- Wooden sticks with a diameter of 2 x 2.5 cm and a length of 150 cm
- Fabric - 137 x 315cm
- Ribbon - 250cm
- A strip of fabric - 7.5 x 700cm.
This is a more complex construction, and therefore a step-by-step photo is attached in detail describing all the actions.
- We cut out the rectangle of the fabric so that on one side along the length of the fabric there are 2 triangles, on the other - 1 triangle and 2 halves of the triangle along the edges. The dimensions of the triangles at the bottom are 152cm (2 patterns) and 155.5cm (2 patterns, one whole, the other of two halves, 77.5cm each). Everywhere between the triangles there is a distance of 4 cm. By the same amount, 4 cm, the top of each triangle is not connected.
- The two halves are the entrance to the house. We connect these halves and sew on top by 30 cm. The lower parts (wide) are not sewn together, just the fabric of each part is folded and stitched.
- All triangular pieces are sewn together. Front with lateral. Lateral with a rear triangular leaf. When we sew the front triangles with the side ones, we sew the ribbons at a distance of 50 cm from the bottom. One tape is outside the tent, the other is inside. This will help to collect and tie up the entrance panels. We do this on one side and on the other side of the "doors". The length of the tape is half a meter.
- Sew a strip of fabric along each side seam of the tent. We will insert supporting wooden sticks into it. Therefore, we sew so that there are holes for sticks at the top and bottom.
Option five... "Shalash". Temporary construction
- Sticks - from 4 to 6 pcs. length about 1.5
- Fabric - 1.5 by 3m
- Rope - 2-3m
- Plastic rings - according to the number of sticks.
This option is so simple that our child can help. A children's hut pattern is not needed here. The main thing is that the structure itself is temporary and collapsible, but must remain safe for toddlers. What are we doing for this.
- Before starting work, we align all the sticks. It is important that the structure is stable.
- We firmly tie the ropes to the edge, stepping back about 20cm.
- Fold the fabric in half, and then diagonally. Cut off a semicircle at the top, and at the bottom. By cutting off all surplus, we ensure safety. The fabric will not be under your baby's feet, and he will not trip over it.
- Now the fabric is simply thrown over the base of sticks, slats or bamboo. We firmly tie the top with a rope to the sticks.
- We put rings on the sticks from below and sew them to the canvas of the tent.
- We sew the edges of the canvas. We put a blanket, wool or a warm rug on the floor in the hut.
If you want to better fix the sticks so that the ropes do not interfere with the bottom, then the easiest option is to make a hexagon rug, in the corners of which to sew rings or strings and insert parkas into these rings. Then they will not disperse and arbitrarily change position.
The best gift for children is their childhood! To make it the best, it is enough sometimes to remember all the brightest moments of your youth. Remember how your parents pampered you, gave you a lot of impressions and enveloped us in their love. Then it becomes clear that children need both pranks and funny games. They need us to make toys for them. They will never forget this! And in due time, these fond memories will help them become great parents.
Now it's time to say goodbye! I remind you about the subscription so that we do not get lost. Not only will you be able to read the articles yourself, and participate in our conversations, but you can also invite your friends! Then each topic will be even more widely disclosed thanks to joint efforts and comments!
So, I am waiting for everyone at a party. And now, bye, bye!
The kids are madly in love with secluded corners where you can dream up or play an exciting game. For this reason, children often build homemade houses from scrap materials: pillows, bedspreads, chairs. You can make your child's leisure time fun with the help of a do-it-yourself children's hut.
But first, it is advisable to decide where the structure will stand: on the street or in a room. The list of materials used and dimensions will depend on the choice.
Photo of a house for children